Welcome to my ESL resource site
It is the responsibility of every teacher – ESL as well as mainstream – to teach both language and content to all English Language Learners (ELLs) in grades K-12. This is no small task. ESL teachers need to be familiar with content area standards and mainstream teachers need to understand and support English Language Development (ELD). I have assembled resources on this site to help you meet this challenge.
I hope you can find everything you need quickly and effortlessly. Click on the page names to the right under the calendar for quick access or use the tabs across the top (some of them have drop down menus).
- Español: Information in Spanish for parents (padres de familia), bilingual letters and forms, and Spanish language tools for teachers
- Learning English: Information on how students learn a second language
- Standards: The English Language Development (ELD) standards, the Common Core Standards for ELA and Math, and the Essential Standards for other content areas
- Resources: Bilingual letters and forms, tech tools for all teachers, resources by content area, webinars and presentations, and a bibliography of recommended books
- Strategies: Instructional models and specific suggestions for teaching English Language Learners in different content areas
- The Law: An historical overview of major court decisions and legislation, and how they guide instruction, plus information on immigration reform
- EC or ESL: Research based suggestions on how to determine if a struggling ELL also has a learning disability
I welcome suggestions for other resources to be included in this site. Please use my contact form.
Jessica Loose - MsED TESOL, Reading Specialist, Curriculum Specialist
photo credit: Eve Turek, Yellowhouse Gallery, Nags Head, NC