More Than English: Teaching Language & Content to ELLs

Resources for teaching English Language Development (ELD)

Want to be smart? Learn a foreign language…

| 2 Comments

A recent post from Brain Blogger touted the advantages of being multilingual.  Not only is it good for education and business in an interconnected world, it is good for your brain!  A recent study shows that bilingualism can not only improve brain functioning but also keep age-related neural disorders like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia at bay.

http://elearninginfographics.com/benefits-of-a-bilingual-brain-infographic/

I am now reworking my entire site to make it easier to use and to prepare for the opening of my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  This project may also help me keep dementia at bay as I struggle to learn the new language of edublogs.  I must give a shout out to the great support people who have helped with every detail, no matter how minute or basic (i.e. I should have known without asking).  Always polite, helpful, and detailed in their responses, fine people like Sue Waters and Jason Teitelman have made this transition possible.  Thank you!

And if these new findings inspire you to buckle down and learn Spanish, try the language learning resources here.

2 Comments