This is my own list of books I have found to be the most useful or informative, sorted by subject area. (No kickbacks or endorsements.)
Collaboration and Co-Teaching
- Collaboration and Co-Teaching: Strategies for English Learners by Andrea Honigsfeld and Maria Dove
Teaching Reading to English Language Learners by Margarita Calderón
Science and Social Studies
- Picture Perfect Science Lessons: Using Children’s Books to Guide Inquiry by Karen Ansberry and Emily Morgan.
- I See What You Mean: Visual Literacy K-8 by Steve Moline
Teaching Strategies in General
- 99 Teaching Ideas and Strategies for Teaching ELLs with the SIOP Model, by Mary Ellen Vogt and Jane Echevarria
- Make Just One Change: Teach Students to Ask Their Own Questions, by Dan Rothstein and Luz Santana
I welcome suggestions for other resources to be included in this site. Please use my contact form or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.