More Than English: Teaching Language & Content to ELLs

Resources for teaching English Language Development (ELD)

ESL Sites

Multilingual Glossaries Sorted by Subject Area and Language.  Prepared by the NY State Education Department, these glossaries are available in many languages and cover the basic subject areas taught from elementary school through high school.

Colorin Colorado is a free web-based service that provides information, activities and advice for educators and Spanish-speaking families of English language learners (ELLs).  There are sections for teachers, administrators, families, and librarians.  All information on the site is available in both Spanish and English.

Larry Ferlazzo’s English Website:  This award winning site has useful information on everything from parent engagement to test taking strategies.  Check out his “Best of…” weblinks categorized by topic or subject area.  Try this example,  The Best Sites for Introducing ELLs to Geography, and you’ll see what I mean!

American English, created by the U.S. Department of State, includes many interesting resources such as a lesson on Writing for Wikipedia using academic English.

Contact me 

I welcome suggestions for other resources to be included in this site.  Please use my contact form or email me directly at jessicaloose.obx@gmail.com.

Skip to toolbar